The London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games are set to be the biggest logistical challenge the UK has seen this century. Between 27thÂ JulyÂ and 9thÂ September
, London and other parts of the country will play host to over 1 million competitors, officialsÂ and fans.
Deliveries by Royal Mail
Royal Mail will maintain daily deliveries to business customers across London, 6 days a week throughout the period affected by the Games.
Royal Mail say they will be delivering earlier in the morning during the Games period. This is because they expect it to take longer to collect and deliver mail every day around parts of London due to the changes to the transport system. Customers may receive deliveries earlier or later in the dayÂ than usual.Â
Royal Mail Special Delivery
will continue to operate into and out of London during the Games period.Â Royal MailÂ expects to beÂ able to deliver items in some parts of London by 1pm, but transport restrictions and extended travel times means they cannot guarantee a pre-1p.m. delivery for all items in all areas throughout the Games period.
For more Information from Royal Mail about deliveries during the Games visit http://www.royalmail.com/2012/business
Deliveries by DX Secure
DX Secure have asked us to keep you informed of the possible disruption and to help you plan ahead. DX have put together some helpful tools on their website which will include details of those post codes affected.Â Please visit http://www.thedx.co.uk/customerservice/olympics
for further information.
Points to consider
- There will be no deliveries to the Olympic Village or other Olympic venues
- DX will advise clients daily concerning parcels that have been dispatched and that may be affected
- DX are offering alternative points for collection via central London locations
- Alternatively, if your delivery address is affected, consider an alternative delivery address in a non-impacted area as a temporary measure
- Make sure you plan ahead to minimise any disruption to your business
For Further Enquiries Contact The Birmingham Assay Office
T: 0871 871 6020 E:firstname.lastname@example.org
BE PREPARED - SEND YOUR WORK IN AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE