SAFEGUARD AND ANCHORCERT
Â Job Title:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
SafeGuard and AnchorCert Operations Manager
Department:Â Â Â
Safeguard and AnchorCert
Hours:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
37.5 hours per week
Â SafeGuard is the largest independent valuation service in the UK. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of theÂ Assay Office Birmingham. We pride ourselves on our unrivalled quality of service, skills and expertise.
Â AnchorCert is the only UK Gemmological Laboratory that is UKAS accredited to ISO 17025 and is part ofÂ Â Assay Office Birmingham.
Â What we are looking for:-
We are looking for an Operations Manager to be responsible for all aspects of the SafeGuard and AnchorCert Operations â including management, quality and consistency, logistics including traceability and audit, service levels, productivity, security, and sustainability.
Â This is a very hands on role and they will be involved heavily in the day to day operations. The role also has a Customer liaison dimension. All Customer issues and technical queries are dealt with by the Operations Manager supported by the senior team.
Â There is regular interaction with the different divisions at Assay Office Birmingham, as there is a shared customer base. There is a responsibility to help utilise staff in the best possible way across all divisions, by releasing staff to support other areas where and when possible
Â Duties involved are
- Day to day management of all the team including performance management in all areas.
- Understand all the processes and review process improvement wherever necessary.
- Help ensure that the approach in both areas is consistent and repeatable.
- Review the service levels on the turnaround of orders for all Customer groups.
- Ensure that all security processes are robust and set up to protect the business.
- Be able to deal with all customer issues. These will include explaining any queries on approach or outcome directly with a Customer. This may be from a Retailer, or a member of the general public. Also liaise with the Institute of Registered Valuers, the Gem A, GIA etc, if a specific CustomerÂ issue is investigated by them.
- To work with the Operations Director, Marketing Director, and Financial Director to review the budgets and forecasts each year.
- Contribute to the strategy planning each year for both businesses.
- Keep up with news and changes within the industry which may impact on SafeGuard and AnchorCert and flag any threats and opportunities.
Â Person Specification
We are looking for an individual who is:
- A good communicator
- Firm and fair
- Ability for multiple stakeholder engagement
- A good implementer
- Proven people management skills, and experience of dealing/managing teams of people
- Performance monitoring
- An understanding of productivity and capacity to ensure we deliver to lead time and as cost effectively as possible
- Understanding of how a budget is determined to be able to Contribute Â and take ownership of requirement
- Team player
Â Applications for this position can be obtained from the HRÂ Manager Jo Darby. Please call 0121 262 1005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Applications must be completed and returned to Jo Darby, Â atÂ Assay Office Birmingham, PO Box 151, Newhall Street, Birmingham B3 1SB no later than Friday 29th August, 2014.